Wednesday, September 15, 2010

K Design Intelligence Introduction

Hello, my name is liketheband and I am writing this blog as my first college assignment, even though at the moment it feels more like Summer camp than school. We have an entire quarter to discuss design intelligence, so I thought I would take this opportunity to introduce myself. I live in Southeast Michigan, and I am the second person from my family to come to K, as I am following in the footsteps of my older brother. I am an extremely competitive person, and the only sport that suits my personality is tennis. I have been playing the sport since I was seven, and began competing in tournaments at the age of eleven. Challenge is something I never shy away from, and I always set my sights high. Whether I get there or not, I love working hard and trying to be the best I can be. My experiences on the tennis court have truly shaped me into the person that I am today. I have failed many times over the years, and with no teammates to share the burden of losses, I have learned to accept responsibility for my actions and motivate myself to work harder and be better. Meanwhile, I have also enjoyed many triumphs on the court, and the thrill of winning has taught me that hard work pays off and that nothing comes free. Maybe because tennis is such a brutally individual sport, I have also learned to appreciate the value and necessity of team work. There are many things in this world that cannot be accomplished by a single person, and the result of a group of people coming together to work toward a common goal can be truly inspiring. This lesson was ultimately enforced when my high school tennis team won the state championship during my senior season. With my greatest achievement in the sport resulting from a team effort, I learned that faith, trust, and commitment are essential elements to success.

While this may seem like an analysis of the competitive nature of tennis as opposed to an introduction of myself, these values explain my core beliefs, and introduce me like no other words can.

I look forward to bringing my unique perspective to this class, college, and community.

liketheband

No comments:

Post a Comment